Monday, May 11, 2015

Happy 100th Birthday Orson Welles...

Back in 2002 when first I unleashed this cataract of "sarcastic rant driven chatter" on the then cutting edge blogosphere, I choose as the title one of Orson Welles' best if obscure films "The Chimes at Midnight". Even then I was under no illusions as the size of the audience I'd attract to this "The Little Blog That Cried" and besides I'd always admired Orson Welles and his directorial verve, he didn't get a chance to make many movies but all of them taken together are a veritable film studies class unto themselves. Besides "The Chimes at Midnight" is just a dead sexy title, and lets face it calling a caustic blog of liberal politics "The Touch of Evil" is just Asking Fer Trouble! So happy birthday Orson,you inspire and delight me, your work instructs multitudes of filmmakers today, and if in life you suffered, in death you won the argument hands down.

No comments :