Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Imus inter Pares...

Late word comes to us that Don Imus the groaning gasping scourge of AM Talk Radio up and died down in Texas.
No loss really, he was a drunk, more than a little racist, abusive to those beneath him, a shameless truckler to those above, his comedy was execrable, his novel allegedly ghostwritten and lets face it, there is nothing worse than a drug addicted reactionary unless its a drug addicted reactionary with a nationally syndicated drive time radio show.
I recall with the simplest nostalgia the I-Man's nauseating war whooping in the lead up to the Second Gulf War, Him, the Late Tim Russert or Chris Matthew all shrieking like Middle School Magpies at the prospect of Iraq's Easy Conquest.
Of course by 2008, he'd walk all that back, but he wouldn't have been the I-Man if he hadn't believe me.
That having been said, he was virtually the only drive time radio yakker who put national democrats on the air, John Kerry, Doris Kearns Goodwin, Joe Lieberman (yes, I know...) among others. It ain't much but it was one of the few places where I could hear what was on the minds of the party's alleged elite.

Keep in mind, this is back in 2002, when Howard Stern was a reliably belligerent mark for the GOP, as opposed to the Buttigeig democrat The King of All Media is Today.

Anyhow, that nasty old man is dead now, his accomplishment add up to almost nothing, I'd say good riddance but I'd happily have him back if I could have Harold Ford Jr. as President.
Shit at this point I'd settle for Jerry Ford.

No comments :