Wednesday, January 20, 2021

I only wish...

 that I could indulge some tribal triumphalism, the Defeat & Disgrace of Donald Trump, the pursuit of his Capitol desecrating Falangist Berserkers, the Senate & House in Democratic Hands, the steady improbable  rise of Joe Biden to the White House on his third try for the US Presidency...the list goes on.

I could wax prideful and sarcastic...but I shall not.  Too many people have died and are dying right now of covid_19 with no end in sight regardless of the vaccine. Fifty states, fifty vaccination priorities all headed in different direction, a minority of my fellow citizens have given up on democracy and wish to punish & rule others by force, there is carnage, division doubt all of it sad and needless.

Joe Biden is inheriting a mess that just falls short of Civil War, he has in this darkest hour, my unreserved support, thats all I can say right now, I stand with this President and by the US Constitution, in a sense all citizens still loyal to our democracy and the rule of law, are also taking what amounts to the same oath in about an hour. Good Luck to All of Us. Godspeed.

No comments :