Friday, February 02, 2018

Mark My Words...

no good will come of the looming primary battle between Ayanna Pressley and Congressman Mike Capuano. They both aggressively agree on so many points of public policy that the debates will have to turn on emotional normative and purely stylistic factors...and when that is the case, especially democrats those debates can get toxic.
Moreover Capuano has done nothing to merit being "primaried", he is progressive in a US House of Representatives ruled by retrograde weirdoes, even if Pressley some how supplants him in office she will accomplish about as much absent a democratic majority.
I'm not sure Pressley has chosen the right race here, I get that her options were limited even as her personal potential as a statesperson remains impressive.
How I wish she was running for Lt Governor as a democrat, thats a challenge I could get behind, win or lose she'd make a shit ton of new friends state wide and that is never ever a bad thing.

No comments :