Thursday, June 14, 2012

Agreed...

Professor Peter Ubertaccio (who posts over at the "MassPoliticsProfs" blog) has an interesting article on the Huffington Post that more or less projects a close fought senatorial campaign this Fall.
This more or less jibes with my own thinking, Brown and Warren have classically asymetrical strengths with core appeal to differing and somewhat competitive electoral cohorts.
Trust me we are gonna have a very late night on the First Tuesday in November, at least insofar as the Massachusetts senatorial campaign is concerned.
I would only point out that relying on his innate charisma (that works as long has he doesn't have to read a prepared speech), interminable TV ads,shamelessly playing to independents and gaming all the rest is The Classic Weld-era election strategy for GOP Gubernatorial Aspirants.
And whatever else I may think of the stagnant lot of GOP Governors that ruled this state like a plantation for sixteen years, I am not so fevered a partisan to deny it is a strategy that works.
So health to our cause is all I can say at this point.

No comments :