Tuesday, January 02, 2018

For the Past Two Weeks...

Arctic Temperatures have caused all sorts of vexing service delays on the Red & Orange Lines to say nothing off the usual one-off slowdowns on the Green Line.
And that is with gentle breezes and clear skies overhead, I shudder to think the sheer paralysis that will grip the system when and if we get five inches of wind driven slush during a Wednesday Night Rush Hour.
Oh the fun we'll have....I wonder if Governor Baker has a spreadsheet for the occasion, I'm sure he does and I doubt it'll do anything to rectify an admittedly as yet hypothetical situation.  I wanna suggest to any democrat who wishes to run for Governor this year, take some time off fundraising today and tomorrow to take the Red Line to & from Park Street / Alewife, I'll make a fifty dollar bet you'll encounter at least one "moderate" service delay in either direction.
THAT is what we are up against as voters and commuters, an aging unreliable public transportation system whose burdgeoning problems the Governor is managing via what abouts to creative accounting.
I mean if anyone is actually looking for a practical issue on the campaign trail that is...

No comments :