Sunday, August 28, 2011

Congressman Capuano is still mulling over a run for the US Senate

per the Boston Globe.

I'm guessing that at the end of the day he'll decline to make the race, but that is mere Sunday Morning Quarterbacking on my part.

So many candidates with so much less to offer have piled in with far more enthusiasm...Humble Elias suspects that for their own reasons the whole of our congressional delegation would rather wager all on redistricting than the hazards of a use-or-lose US Senate race.
Funny how that works, I suppose that seniority even in the minority pays a part in those calculations.
Still if he gets in no one will be happier than I, it makes for a livier primary and I have maintained from the beginning that all the factions within and without the democratic party would benefit from a full debate in a widely contested US Senate Primary.

No comments :