Friday, May 12, 2006

The current Harris Poll sez

the President's approval rating has hit a robust 29%.
One more teensy point and GWB is officially over the county line in Nixonville USA.
If gas plateaus at three bucks a gallon I say Bush may well bottom out at a 25% approval rating.

And stay there.

The hour is drawing nigh, action is needed not shopworn cliches my friends, can any decent citizen truly revel in the ghastly state of the nation today?

Since we lack a military with an appropriate sense of the theatrical, I say it is time to form a new government under Glorious Adorable ME, Elias J. Nugator Jr. Thoroughly National Man!
The baubles of executive leadership in this nation are easily collected, the Military Officer with the nuclear football (an entirely ceremonial sinecure), a band that can play "Hail to the Chief" in the proper key, enough money and extras for an august looking motorcade, buffet table for the working press....easy assed stuff really.
I am saying that politics in this republic have degenerated to such a degree that I, a mere blogger with a rap sheet as long as Silver Line, can draft a sensible national program and gather some 40% of the nation behind it!
40% is hardly a majority, but it is enough to govern and if I play my cards right, maybe I can build up the coalition.
At least this would be movement forward, sans recourse to payoffs, media whores and the usual suspects in congress.
The American People are hungry for leadership, not cliches, shibboleths, bribes, tantrums and the mudslinging that GWB substitutes for leadership on a daily basis.
And that 29% approval rating is composed of pretty flimsy stuff, the residents of the nation's padded cells, some old men on the AM dial and the die hards out in the parking lot of the Calhoun County Blabtist Church.
Not much there for Bush to hide behind.

"Elias J. NUGATOR FOR DECIDER"

I'll put my program before the nation sans demure, Bush can do likewise and we will let the people choose as to whos platform can best salvage the nation.
:)

29% Good God and believe me, it will go even lower!

No comments :