Monday, December 18, 2017

Mary Anne Stewart....

Former Chair of the Lexington School Committee, has apparently pulled papers to challenge State Representative Jay Kaufman in next year's primary.  Stewart was last seen impressing exactly no one in the fourth middlesex special state senate primary last year.  Why she has opted for a very long shot primary challenge to Jay Kaufman remains a mystery to me, I do know some very disgruntled democrats in Arlington all backers of Sean Garballey's failed state senate last year are all "hell yeah" with it.
So that makes me wonder, as best I can I'll try and keep an eye on this one. I don't even know if Stewart has started gathering the necessary signatures or what her fundraising profile looks like (it costs oughly 50,000.00 vigorish to make a credible state rep's race in Massachusetts, more likely if you are a primary challenger) but I'll look into it all the same.
The ironic thing is, Mary Anne Stewart was a problematic candidate for state senate last year, but given the primary dynamics in the state democratic party she could easily be running high wide and handsome for the Lieutenant Governor's nomination.

2 comments :

sco said...

I thought that Jay Kaufman was not running for re-election this time. Did he change his mind?

Elias said...

I'm the last one anyone tells...:) Good ta hear from ya big guy!