Sunday, May 12, 2019

It Is Not...


or "America First"....Its "The Constitution First", it is to that sacred document foibles and all we must take increased devotion to quote Mister Lincoln. Look at the Oath Sworn by Commissioned Officers of the US Armed Forces: "I do solemnly swea that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God." The Country, per se, is barely mentioned, the whole of the sworn oath is to protect The Constitution itself, its laws, its ethos, its rights, obligations and its very survival. The planet is crammed full of countries with bombastic anthems to power and glory eternal, but there is only One, All Too Fragile United States Constitution and we'd all Best Love It Or Else.

No comments :