Saturday, February 29, 2020

Thanks to the Market's Collapse This Week

I'll probably have to work until I'm 80 to make up the shortfall. However, thanks to the Trump Admin's chronic bungling with regards to the Corona Virus, I likely won't live to get anywhere near retirement.  Poor Trump, he came back from India convinced he could use Harvey Weinstein's rape conviction as a cudgel against the democrats, and instead a deadly pathogen was waiting for him on the Tarmac...
That having been said I have to say, every time the President tried to reassure the nation last week, the market simply plunged, even the price of gold, even the big pharmaceutical research outfits saw plunging share prices.  Meanwhile away from the cameras the President simply tweets, hoping some conspiracy narrative no matter how cringeworthy will somehow catch on.  I doubt he even took his pajamas off all day Friday raging at the TV screens, ranting at his staff...upping his dosages.
Well so I read in the Globe a reliable vaccine is 12 to 18 months off, so unless dumb luck intervenes or this pathogen proves sensitive to warmer weather...we are officially in Deep Shit.

No comments :