Wednesday, March 25, 2020

I'm getting a paltry $1200.00

from the Feds instead a Corona Virus Vaccine.  I think the idea is, that somehow via sheer incantation, Randian Economics will take hold and I'll somehow stumble over a cure all by myself if fortified with some chump change.  Whenever republicans run up on the rocks, and a real crisis is down on us, their first instinct is to make a bonfire of Milton Friedman's books and then ascend the Truman Balcony and rain largesse down on the masses like Gaius Caligula.
So much for "Pay Any Price, Bear Any Burden".
Meanwhile the stimulus bill is merrily bailing out Cruise Lines most of whom are foreign flagged to avoid US taxes, I do not understand why Carnival Corporation cannot appeal to the Government of Panama/The Bahamas/Malta for their bailout...?
Frankly a good hundred of those floating anachronisms could get send to the boneyard sans any effect on the GNP.
My Ghod and we are still three weeks away from "Peak Virus" in the USA....

No comments :