Sunday, June 10, 2007

Joan Vennochi on Newbury Street

In her column in today's Sunday Globe, Joan Vennochi says the following with respect to the problem of homelessness in Boston:

"To rationalize my stinginess, I like to recall the woman on Newbury Street who approached me for a handout. When I gave her my meter money, she complained it wasn't enough; she expected more os someone walking into an overpriced hair salon".

My immediate reaction is this, just how the hell does Joanie Vennochi manage the miracle of parking at a METER on Newbury Street at all???
I've been driving in the gawd-forsaken berg since Kevin White was top swank the closest I ever got to parking on Newbury Street was a space in the direct shadow of M.I.T.
Is it a secret thing available only to the Globe's punditariat or something?
I mean never mind the alleged ivory tower caricature of a Globe columnist getting her mop coiffed & trimmed on Newbury Street....I wanna know the real deal on parking!
C'mon Joanie 'fess up! Da trogs wanna know da secret!

No comments :