Thursday, May 03, 2018

I want to thank Governor Baker

whose stewardship of the MBTA made me a mere forty five minutes late for dinner last night thanks to cascading delays on the Green & Red Line.
I use the term "Green Line" loosely, I never boarded a trolley, I was compelled by some mysterious clusterf**k to walk from Arlington State to the inert expanses of Park Street where the entire Red Line was in lock down.
Apparently, (I never knew this) if you pull the emergency brake on a train car (allegedly due to a sick passenger) THE ENTIRE LINE IMMEDIATELY SHUTS DOWN...Everything north south east west, stops!!
And so we sat, at least the AC was on I was grateful for small favors, although my Aunt Tillie was buried in a roomier coffin believe me.
Transportationwise I think Baker is down to the sad pathetic idea that the MBTA needs to held together only til after election night 2018 and then let the deluge hit, maybe he can spin it into a privatization scheme, but politically that might be too big a job for Charlie.
No, my new theory is, Charlie doesn't give a rat's ass....his seventy percent is secure, no one holds him accountable so "Vive' Le Roi"....

No comments :