Monday, January 21, 2019

On this "Martin Luther King Jr. Day"

let me note, that over the weekend, Boston Globe Columnist Jeff Jacoby announced "The End of Racism" in the USA.  This is an observation, worthy of a Nobel Prize or it would be if Committee gave such honors for achievements in the field of Obtuseness.
I myself was prone to this notion once, for about five minutes a decade ago, but by the time I'd gotten ten minutes into the TV news the idea was obliterated, sadly.
No, racism abides, it adapts to it's environment in a Darwinian fashion and just goes on oozing away regardless of good or bad times.
I'll believe in it's disappearance not when the Police stop shooting young black men in the back but rather when the cops start shooting unarmed white conservative pundits...
Oh I know,
That was harsh.
Let me turn the page over to Dr. King for a healing dose of sanity:
 "I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word."


No comments :