Monday, April 13, 2009

Marking out like a Goldberg fan on crystal meth...

THAT was CNN yesterday with the news that Captain Phillips had been rescued by US Navy SEALS from Somali pirates.
There are times when CNN is literally posessed by the spirit of a ten year old boy watching violent Saturday morning cartoons....and that time was yesterday believe me. The story had all the cliches, pirates, SEALS...if the hostage was Mandy Moore or a younge Debra Winger it couldna been better from their point of view.
Mind you, I'm glad Captain Phillips got sprung...and I'm also glad that the trillion or so dollars I personally have sent to Washington to built up the US Armed forces to an unheard of bulkitude has finally finally finally paid off on behalf of the little guy.
But CNN yesterday I mean...they were babbling incoherently with happiness...anything that ends violently and victoriously makes them kvell.

No comments :