Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Empty Suit in the Clown Car...

Congrats to the former viceroy, he finally won one in New Hampshire. And for once, Humble Elias' predictions were broadly accurate although my "Huntsman scenario" did not quite come together at the last minute.
As for Mitt Romney having a crackpot like Ron Paul as his main rival going into South Carolina can't be a bad thing. Willard has a rhetorical talent for slaying straw men that matches pretty much the real straw men he has the good fortune to be running against this year.
Ghod to hear Romney tell it, he triumphed over a pack of ravenous velociraptors armed with nothing more than a broken broomstick.  A lavish sense of self congratulation is a key Romney component, get used to it for now.

Nonetheless, I expect South Carolina to get pretty ugly pretty quickly, Newt Gingrich isn't going to expire quietly although he is waaa-ay out of position to be a serious candidate going forward. The Sun has Set on Rick "High Pitched Rich" Santorum would-be American Dictator even if he makes one last bid to solidify the evangelicals behind his candidacy. If he bailed now though, he could bid up his endorsement to a cabinet post I suspect, ah but Secretaries of Commerce never seize power do they?
Perry? That guy is so punch drunk he has no idea he is stretched out on the canvas with the Ref standing over him at number five. I'm not even sure his endorsement is worth anything at this point given the man's reputation for plain stupidity.
I don't know why Jon Huntsman is even down in South Carolina, if I was him I'd take my "sensible committed conservative" act to Maine and try to strike sparks there.

I doubt he will do any business whatsoever in South Carolina. That leaves Ron Paul who is just berserk enough to fight this thing thru to the convention...relentlessly and fruitlessly.

I must say, as burlesque's go, this year's NH Primary was tops, I enjoyed almost as much as I enjoyed the 1984 democratic primary up there. This time around it was nothing but wall to wall gaffes and rhetorical excess from the git-go, a madder tea partei cannot be imagined.
So...sigh it is Romney's race to lose at least for the moment, on the other hand never rule out the Former Viceroy's ability to bungle things completely at the last minute.

No comments :