Monday, July 09, 2018

Great...

Now I've got conservative pundit George F. Will on my side...we're bound to win now. He joins swelling ranks of Never Trumpers that include everyone from Kim Kardashian to Lynda Carter, Caesar's Tenth Legion to be sure....
George Will is such a priggish mealy mouthed little stiff it seems hard to believe to me at least that he wouldn't sell out his pseudo puritanism for a ludicrous tax cut and some delicious wing nut Golems on the Supreme Court. But he isn't...and thats my point, even he has a red line he won't go beyond.
I suppose that should be made clear.
But if he is willing to take that sort of a risk, Will may has well go "whole hog" and gin up a conservative third party challenge to Trump. If George & his ilk really wants to damage the President's prospects that might be the best and quickest way. It'd have to be a credible challenge from a fundraising and candidature standpoint but I'm sure someone can be found. I'd even up the ante, said candidate (say oh I dunno Bill Weld maybe or maybe Jingle Money Swift) could go on the record as declining to run IF the GOP does not renominate Trump.
If said candidate could somehow track into the double digits thats bad news for Trump out in the Heartland and elsewhere...its exactly the sort of hardball move that would drive The President  Crazy...Think About It George.

No comments :