Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hear Hear President Obama!!!

I refer to this headline in the Boston Globe:
"Obama urges fewer tests to gauge student progress"

I doubt anything will come of the proposal, it is far too sane and sensible, in fact I can just hear the screams of rage from the House GOP caucus.
Hell I took too many standardized tests back in High School, and I graduated in 1980!!
Standardized tests are just a means to overtly control the classroom time of teachers all at the behest of the drunks and porch-climbers in the state legislature.

I don't know what it is, but teachers and judges seem to be the most distrusted of all civil servants. Teaching is being reduced systematically to a rote industrial task of supervision thanks to the proliferation of standardized tests while Judges are little more than grandiose clerks thanks to mandatory sentencing guidelines.

No comments :