Sunday, April 10, 2011

For once in my misbegotten life...

I find myself in substantive agreement with Howie Carr, Joan Vennochi and Yvonne Abraham.

I mean Scott Brown ought to come clean about who molested him down in Sandwich, because if there is just a chance that this perp is still alive then ghod know what awful things they are doing even as I write this.
I get why Brown is so reticent to speak up, no man likes to admit let alone publicly traffic in his own youthful victimhood. Let alone a GOP Senator with a fondness for the usual false masculine consciousness tropes.
Given that, and yes this sounds childish, but there are all sorts of ways Brown could anonymously give up the name. If he is truly emotionally conflicted maybe that is the best and most sensitive way to handle the matter.
Uppermost in Humble Elias' flinty little mind is this we don't know who in peril at this very moment from this perp IF this perp is still healthy and stalking children.
The name, however it is rendered up, would go a long way to getting us both public and private closure.
And if not Brown then someone else has to speak up...Hopefully sooner rather than later.

No comments :