Thursday, May 15, 2003

Atlas Plugged

Word on the street in Tinseltown is that Ayn Rand's libertarian megascreed "Atlas Shrugged" has been optioned yet again for film adaptation.
So apparently the New Class needs it's own version of "Triumph of the Will".
And why not? They have total victory abroad and their program to delete liberals from governance and the very political debate at home proceeds at a gallop.
The new governing alliance of imbedded propagandists/apologists, reactionary intellectuals, big money, and feckless pols are no doubt in a chesty mood these days.
So a little self congratulation is in order and what better way than what with will no doubt be a long lugubrious adaptation of a long lugubrious book?
By way of full disclosure I should point out that I haven't yet read "Atlas Shrugged". Someday I will....movement reactionaries what read this benighted blog are advised however to think twice about opening up on me. Humble John HAS read Allen Drury's entire "Advise and Consent" series so I'm hardly a naif' when it comes to big time conservative fictioneering.
Reading said series also maxed me out for turgid comic book dialogue, so don't look for me reading Atlas Shrugged any time soon...but trust me I will...
:)

No comments :