Wednesday, April 23, 2008

This is just glorious

Randi Goldklank, the General Manager at Channel Seven, and by extension NewsPanic 7's capo d' regime, was arrested after an alleged drunken brawl with the staties at Logan Airport.
Oh this is just too good to be true...Randi allegedly screamed at everyone within earshot that she'd "ruin" them all.
"I'm a big shot in Boston, and I'll have your [expletive] jobs," so she is quoted in the Boston Globe this morning.
Oh lord if the state police contingent at Logan had a dime for every time they heard that dire threat during some embarrassing freak-out.
The part that I just love though, is this bit of Noel Coward byplay:

The defendant's demeanor changed and she became quiet," the report says. "After a few minutes she leaned toward Sergeant Luce and stated, 'You think I'm cute and I think you're cute, just drive me home.' "

Nothing so perfectly illustrates the dangerous regressive tendencies inherent in tabloid trash local news reporting...I mean what grown adult really thinks a Mickey Spillane scene like that will get them out of serious trouble with the rollers? If you promulgate a cartoonish pulp fiction view of institutions and laws then you end up trying dumb-ass come-ons that would be laughed out of a "Simpsons" script conference.

Sorry, Randi...live by the tabloid sensation, die by the tabloid sensation sayeth Humble Elias.

Well, if I was Channel Seven, I'd fire Randi, decimate the news-room and replace them all with serious hard news journalists...I'd raise standards and keep them high.
Ah but that ain't happening now is it? Hell we demand more of our schoolchildren than we do our local news media.

Randi if you are reading this, I say go all out if it goes to trial, bring your prize pink pekinese to the courtroom, get skanked out to the max, effect giant sunglasses, dance atop the cab when get to the hearing...I mean what the hell, in for a penny in for a pound eh?

No comments :