Monday, March 23, 2009

Bat Mizvah Note...

My health club is located in a three star hotel in Waltham...because it suits Humble Elias' sense of whimsy to pass thru a bar to get to the ellipse machines.
Anyway, Saturday the joint was swarming with tweener girls in gowns attending a bat mizvah reception in one of the function rooms. They surged past me on the stairs like giggling minnows, they seethed back down moments later...again giggling remorselessly the whole time.
Did I mention the expensive gowns? Did I also mention that NONE of them had any shoes on of any kind?
Not...a...one on an even dozen in gazelle-like flight thru the halls of the hotel!
As I got on the treadmill I decided that times being what they are, clearly they blew the budget on the dress and simply had nothing left over for any appropriate footgear.
Or as my old GF once put it "better NO shoes than the wrong shoes".

No comments :