Friday, February 27, 2004

One good laugh.....

There are times when even Mike Barnicle makes inadvertent sense.
Oh don't get me wrong, you still have to penetrate Mike's thick high barbed wire mental barrier of slobbering sentiment, faux class consciousness, and cartoonish working class machismo to get anything.
But now and again he lets drop a memorable bon mot.
Today for example Mike called into the Imus program and waded right in with his usual hyperbolic hyperventilation...he was all happy-n-shit because Terrible Tim Russert has a turgid memoir coming out this spring called "Big Russ and Me".
Apparently this is a collection of humorous anecdotes revolving around Tim's father "Big Russ".
Since I haven't read it I can only imagine how inane, trite, and maudlin the book will be...in other words just the sort of trash Mike Barnicle can worship.
Amidst his praiseful rhapsodies for this book Mike let this howler rip:
"So much of life is biography" quotes the Grand Plagiarist and Chief Exaggerator, formerly of the Boston Globe's Metro section.
Good grief so much of the alleged biography Mike traded in back in old daze turned out to be sheer fiction and not even particularly interesting fiction at that.
I had to pull over in my car on the way to my phony-baloney job and laugh...
Mike never fails me, pompous yet unintentionally hilarious to the last...he is the very reason this blog exists.
Don't know what I'd do without him.

No comments :