Monday, June 25, 2018

It goes without saying that

In addition to everything else going wrong in this state, that I am now being subjected to a "targeted tax increase" in this case the MBTA will be charging me $10.00 to park at Alewife Station starting next month.
 You'll notice the Baker Admin's classically passive aggressive moderate republican approach to the problem, do nothing, cut some ribbons way out of town, let the MBTA take the heat and collect the fees.
This was Bill Weld's governing philosophy as it was for Cellucci and Romney as well...."rail against taxes & increase fees".
Not for nothing though, I'll soon have to pay fifty dollars a week to park my heap in one of the most dilapidated and dangerous looking brutalist style garages on the Eastern Seaboard. There are holes in the floor large enough to glimpse commuters disembarking from the buses on the ground level, temporary stanchions literally holding up the ceiling on all levels, there are ominous cracks everywhere.
I don't have to park my car there (unlike commuters from the Granite State for example), its a convenience I given my ongoing status as caregiver for an elderly relation....I can take the bus.
And maybe I should because this is classic GOP revenue enhancement, "make the trogs pay more for less!".

No comments :