Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I got no beef with Deval Patrick...

but I'm not yet one of his supporters either. I've met him (Briefly) on one occasion he seems passionate, articulate,energetic and all that...but then again, so was Marjorie Clapprood.
So I'm slightly nonplussed to discover Patrick's new campaign blog actually links to this...th' "Little Blog that Cried"/
I mean good grief, you'd think that my constant drumbeat accusations of chronic onanism on the part of the current Governor of Massachusetts woulda scared Deval's people off.
but no, there they are blithely linking to Chimes at Midnight, butter clearly wouldn't melt in their mouths.
Here I'm stuck, I do have a "if you link to me, I'll link to you" policy (subject to revision)...and I'm loathe to ditch a fruitful link even its to a campaign with which I have no involvement.
So I'm gonna link back to his blog with the stated proviso that said link in no way constitutes an endorsement.
At an appropriate time, prior to the 2006 Gubernatorial Primary, Chimes at Midnight will post an endorsement for that key race. However, Humble Elias is convinced that the democratic field is not yet set and he wants to observe developments a bit. As Louis Armstrong once sang "We Have All the Time in the World".

1 comment :

Aldon Hynes said...

I like Deval Patrick a lot and it was through his blog that I found your blog.

In my case, I live in Connecticut, so I'm not especially involved in the Massachusetts Gubernatorial race. I am the BlogMaster for Mayor John DeStefano of New Haven, who is running for Governor of Connecticut.

Any political blog likes to get links, and I'm glad you are linking back. You might want to do what some folks in Connecticut do and provide a link to all the Gubernatorial campaigns that have blogs. If the other campaigns don't have blogs, well, maybe that will just add a little pressure for them to get blogs.