Sunday, January 25, 2009

Last week

The Globe's own resident alpha, Joanie Vennochi was whining that Judge Kimba Wood got a raw deal in 1993 compared to the free ride that someone got somewhere down the line...honestly I forget her exact argument.
This week however, Joanie snarks at the rapid rise and just as rapid fall of Caroline Kennedy's senatorial prospects with all the usual darts flung at such straw men as elitism and entitlement etc.
Honestly, I think I'd almost pay good money to have some learned elder of the tribe explain to me just what it is Joanie Vennochi in fact believes in?
She is FOR women unless you are Caroline Kennedy and against entitlement which is akin to being opposed to tornadoes and sharks at this point.
Lord knows I can't figure out her belief system and somewhere in my private papers is a dusty yet bona fide graduate degree in political science.
Mostly what Joanie does have is a fervent and somewhat humorless collection of dislikes and resentments, it isn't an ideology by any means since it's all so driven by personalities and celebrity.
Oh well, I suppose it is comforting to know that her head hasn't been turned by the Obama-palooze vibe out there, nope she'll just keep her place at the head of the Queen Bee's table in Middle School USA thank you very much.

No comments :