Monday, September 13, 2010

Y'know I've voted for a few, dopes, mooks, sky grifters and maddenly trimmers in my time

but Tom Keane is Out Of His Ever Luvin' Kug if he thinks that I'll ever vote for Congressman Stephen Lynch in the hopes that he can sandbag Former State Senator Scott Brown in 2012.
Shit, to me that is just another good reason to vote for D'Alessandro...
I strongly doubt Stephen could make his case in Cambridge or in the vasty reaches of Middlesex County beyond on the basis of his bona fides as a grumpy DINO and his triumph over La Famiglia Bulger in South Boston.
And anyway, Lynch is for all the same things as Brown!!! Shit right now, with the wind blowing from the west steadily, Brown might actually be to the left of Lynch on the subject of reproductive choice.
Given all this, on what issues would Lynch make such a notional race?
Nothing that wouldn't lead to a catastrophic defeat as far as Humble Elias is concerned.
That is, if I really thought Lynch was willing to give up a comfy seat in the House for a doomed flyer in a fractious Democratic senatorial primary.
The arguments made in the above link are so irrational and provocative I'm almost convinced that it is really a sort of get-out-the-vote gambit on Primary Day. Given the byzantine nature of congressional politics in South Boston, on whose behalf this gambit has been played I could not say.

No comments :