Thursday, March 11, 2004

Thought for the day...

Governor Romney is recruiting a mighty host of video store night managers, zombies, and comic book store owners to run for the State Legislature this fall.
He hopes to secure enough GOP representation in the State House to uphold his veto power.
Privately, no doubt he grossly fantasizes about a GOP sweep this fall that will give him nigh royal power in this state and pave the way for the mass deportation of queers and freaks.
All typical stuff I suppose....
My only question is will the Kolobian Viceroy once again import Mormon mercenaries from out of state to do election day campaign work?
Like the underage girl and the abortion a young George Bush Jr supposedly paid for, this is a touchy subject for a lot of people.
To this day, no one has ever offered up a reasonable count of just how many of the Governor's "friends and co-religionists" made their way to Massachusetts on election day 2002.
but they were out there....smiling oddly accented people with their hideous blonde children, all carrying Romney signs.
Granted the GOP has an ongoing manpower problem, but importing out of state gazoonies to do visibility at the polls and the usual phone banking seems kinda extreme.
Then again, this is Mitt Romney we are talking about the cuddly pepsodent extremist.
The use of out of state "volunteers" is what sent me up to New Hampshire to campaign for John Kerry back in December-January....if they can do it I can do it.
I got called out, one local called Kerry and "asshole" and referred to me as a "ka-ahpetbahhhguh".
Well so be it then, Mitt Romney and his "win-at-any-cost" campaign ethic sent me up there and it may well send me up there again come the fall.
And if there are New Hampshire-ites reading this who don't like that, my sincerest apologies.
I managed to steer clear of presidential politics in the Granite State for forty one years til' now....so if you have a complaint, tell it to Mitt!

No comments :