Monday, March 09, 2015

The Price of Mediocrity Has Doubled...

By that I mean, that the total cost of required maintenance & technological upgrades required by the MBTA just to run at the current normal service levels has gone from three billion USD to over Six Billion USD since 2009. What this says to me is that the MBTA is steadily losing ground in the battle simply to maintain the elementary deliverables as promised due to aging rolling stock and support systems dating back to the Imperial High Noon of Frank Sargent. "Ba-ad Karma" to quote the Late Raoul Duke. Keep in mind the cost of "biting the bullet" on necessary public works projects always goes up and up never down, so not doing anything now always means you'll pay more later one when the go code is given. At this point, I've pretty much given up on a bipartisan "Come to Jesus" moment on Beacon Hill, everything I hear indicates that both sides of the aisle AND the Governor are basically gonna run their mouths, do nothing, wait for the snow to melt and hope the MBTA can somehow blunder on thru the year without imploding. In other words, same old same old. At this point I'm down to hoping for Leadership on this Issue From Somewhere...but realistically my best option will be getting a job as a night manager at a Starbucks in Arlington, something where I can walk to work....

No comments :