Monday, February 11, 2008

At the 99 Restaurant in Somerville yesterday...

I had a perfectly Nixonian moment as I plowed thru a delicious buffalo chicken salad, Humble Elias won't have Willard Mitt Romney to kick around anymore.
Of course, I'm spared the indignity of being rousted out of bed in my union suit on election night by the secret service...spared getting put on some damn list and forced to blog from Santa Lucia in the beauteous Baja peninsula.
And in the end, I and the whole of the republic am spared his chilly poll-driven governance, his bizarre flip flops and his interminable verbal anesthesia.
It is a good deal for the nation, but it robs the Chimes at Midnight of it's first and best bete' noir.
I know I'll find new targets, and anyway it was just glorious watching Mitt's big scary gasbag campaign go Plop!!!
The only feeling that would beat it is John Kerry winning with 325 electoral votes.
But I'll take my good vibes wherever Ah kin get em'.

Unless of course, McCain goes shit-house nuts and offers the vice presidency to Willard...THAT would be just too kewl to watch.

No comments :