Monday, September 26, 2011

If I was NJ Governor Chris Christie

I'd steer clear of getting into the 2012 GOP Presidential race.

On a practical basis, most of the big money is locked up for various candidates as well as all the quality political help you need to get ramped up in Iowa and New Hampshire. I think there is like one remaining registered republican in Moultonborough who has not endorsed someone in the New Hampshire Primary...everyone else has found a candidate. Thus I doubt Christie's ground game would amount to much between now and January. Besides the odds don't favor late starters unless you are Bobby Kennedy, and let us soberly remember he was neither nominated nor elected God Rest His Soul.
On a intangible basis, Christie is fat, notoriously boorish and has a little problem with the indoor voice, one expects he'd have a good four weeks of press and then come plummeting down.
No, If I was Christie I'd wait til 2016 and resist all entreaties to play the Hero's Part in the current round of primaries, but then because this is the GOP, likely plain common sense isn't a factor in any political calculation.

No comments :